Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Carter's a liar too

Add one more title to Jimmy the Dhimmi Carter: Liar.

Last Sunday, Carter told Haaretz that no one in the State Department had asked him not to meet with Khaled Meshaal:
Carter had an 'exclusive interview' with Haaretz on Sunday (with Akiva Eldar, one of their most leftist writers) in which he tried to back up his claim that US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice had not asked him not to meet with Meshaal. Like everyone else, Condi was too busy to speak with the aging Dhimmi.
"Before I went to Nepal, I put in a call for Condoleeza Rice just to have a personal conversation with her about my plans," Carter said. "I went over the entire itinerary. She could not take my call because she was traveling in Europe, so she asked David Welch, who is the assistant secretary of state. We had a 20-minute conversation, which was very pleasant, never a single negative word and not a single request that I modify my itinerary."
On Tuesday (today), Condi Rice said Carter was told explicitly not to meet with Meshaal.
The Bush administration explicitly warned former US President Jimmy Carter against meeting with members of Hamas, said US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice Tuesday.

Attending a regional meeting on Iraq's security and future, Rice contradicted Carter's assertions that he never got a clear signal from the State Department. Rice told reporters that the US thought the visit could confuse the message that the US will not deal with Hamas.

"I just don't want there to be any confusion," Rice said. "The United States is not going to deal with Hamas and we had certainly told President Carter that we did not think meeting with Hamas was going to help" further a political settlement between Israel and the Palestinians.

In an interview with NPR, Carter said the State Department did not warn him off the trip. A State Department spokesman in Washington took issue with that on Monday, and Rice was blunter in her account Tuesday.
There are a lot of things I don't like about Condi, but I don't recall her ever lying. I don't think she's lying this time either.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Khaled Meshaal showed exactly what he thought of Carter. The latter's not just a liar and a fool but a man incapable of learning some people are by nature untrustworthy and should be shunned by the civilized and God-fearing. I wouldn't buy a used car from Carter knowing what I know about him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google