Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Israel, Iran and the United States

This is about an hour-long video of which I have watched only a small part, but it seems worthwhile and given that I have several hours of work ahead of me today and cannot watch the whole thing right now, I thought I would put it up here for all of you rather than have you wait for me.

This is a speech by Dr. Trita Parsi before the World Affairs Council of Northern California in San Francisco on November 6. Parsi discusses Israel, Iran and the United States. Here's the promo:
With talk of the Iranian nuclear threat heating up, tension between Iran and Israel is dangerously high and the risk of a war involving the United States looms. To Trita Parsi, efforts to defuse those tensions have failed because the real roots of the hostility between Iran and Israel have eluded Washington policymakers. Drawing on his extensive personal interviews with key policy players in all three countries, Dr. Parsi examines the strategic and geopolitical tensions feeding the growing conflict between Iran and Israel.

In his new book, Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States, Parsi describes the explosive Israeli-Iranian rivalry of the 1990s that poisoned American and Iranian efforts to improve their bilateral relations, and warns of a coming clash under Presidents Bush and Ahmadinejad.
I'm not sure I buy all of this and I'm not sure you will either. But here it is.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger VinceP1974 said...

I saw this on C-SPAN a while ago... the history he relates is pretty interessting though I totally disagreed with his analysis and his ideas about the future.

He seems to completely discount the religious and eschatological motivations of Iran

Link to CSPAN video

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google