Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Israel's 'supermodel'

Unfortunately, Bar Refaeli's way of thinking is not that uncommon here.
In her interview, the Israeli model said she was not against army service, even though she never enlisted, having married an acquaintance to evade the draft. The couple was soon divorced.

“I really wanted to serve in the IDF, but I don’t regret not enlisting, because it paid off big time,” she said. “That’s just the way it is, celebrities have other needs. I hope my case has influenced the army.

“Israel or Uganda, what difference does it make? It makes no difference to me. Why is it good to die for our country? What, isn’t it better to live in New York? Why should 18-year-old kids have to die? It’s dumb that people have to die so that I can live in Israel,” Refaeli added.
How many Israeli kids view Refaeli as a hero? She was featured in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue last year.

4 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Daniel434 said...

Nearly Speechless... I must add length to my prayers so I can pray longer for Israel...

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"How many Israeli kids view Refaeli as a hero?"

Less now. Get the word out.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Dave in Pa. said...

"...isn’t it better to live in New York?" Just what New York needs, another vacuous left wing narcissist.

Ms. Refaeli, if you're in town for one of your modeling gigs, you might want to stop by the site of the World Trade Center. The same folks you didn't feel like troubling yourself to deal with in Israel made that great big hole in the ground in New York.

Far better men and women than you from both countries are serving in their countries' militaries. They're fighting to preserve your freedom to be the intellectual and moral nullity that you've chosen to be.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Mariam said...

I don't see why her comments are characterized as "left-wing." Vacuous, yes, left-wing, no. Her reasons for avoiding the draft aren't because of a well thought out political ideology, which would be fine in my opinion, but because she's a "celebrity" and made out big. If she objected to mandatory military service on moral grounds, I would understand that fully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google