Powered by WebAds

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Humanitarian aid for humanitarian aid


National Union/National Religious Party Knesset Member Rabbi Yitzchak Levy had a great idea this morning. Hamas is asking Israel for 'humanitarian aid' for the Gaza Strip. They are asking that Israel continue to supply Hamastan with electricity and water and food. Hamastan has no money so it cannot pay for everything it asks. It does have one thing Israel wants though: Kidnapped IDF Corporal Gilad Shalit. Levy proposes that Israel condition 'humanitarian aid' on the return of Gilad Shalit.

This is the best idea I have heard yet to free Shalit and I am all in favor of it. But, I don't believe that the World will go for Israel conditioning 'humanitarian aid' to the 'Palestinians' on Shalit's release, and I don't believe Prime Minister Ehud K. Olmert has the 'intestinal fortitude' (you all know what I mean but don't want to say) to insist on it. So to make it more palatable to the World, I propose that Israel ask that Hamastan also free kidnapped BBC reporter Alan Johnston. That will make it more palatable to the rest of the world, and so long as Israel doesn't give the 'Palestinians' anything for Johnston alone, we might even be able to get Shalit back.

3 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger gilan said...

Carl,

I'm building a free website to allow people to share their stories and advice about making Aliyah, in an effort to inform and inspire others to do the same. I would love it if you would share a story or two. Please see the site at http://aliyahstories.nfshost.com/ and let me know what you think.

-Gilan

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Thanos said...

This is not a bad idea Carl.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger bernie said...

Great suggestion. I linked to your article from A World without Israel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google