Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The JIB Awards Ads

Web Ads - which does the advertising atop my site - is one of the sponsors of the JIB Awards. They have agreed to pump in advertising in favor of this or that candidate for any given award.

I refused to carry those ads on my site. I don't believe that people should campaign for blog awards - either you get them or you don't. Awards should not be the reason that we are blogging. I endorse NO ONE for awards and I hope that if those ads appear on my site you will all ignore them.

I told Web Ads three days ago that if advertisements to vote for blog x or y were going to appear on my site, I would remove Web Ads from my site altogether. Web Ads agreed that no such ads would appear on my site. Just now, I found such an ad on my site. I have given them three hours to remove all campaign ads from my site. If not, you will not see Web Ads on my site anymore. I will not prostitute myself for anyone.

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger YMedad said...

Nu, who is advertising him/herself?

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

If you want to know, go read someone else's blog. Not here.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW People are PAYING to advertise to get themselves votes? If they took that money and gave it to Tsedaka they would be doing much more for the world than buying a few votes

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

I would hope that all the bloggers involved in the JIB awards would take such a principled position.


IIRC, when the JPost hosted the contest, they did nothing like this.

Perhaps it is time for the JPost, next year, to once again host?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google