Powered by WebAds

Friday, September 01, 2006

Red Sox 6 - Blue Jays 4

This has nothing to do with Israel. Tonight, the Red Sox got just what they needed to end their six-game losing streak: a visit from me.

Alex Cora's first homer in 245 at-bats found its way into the right-field grandstands with the assistance of Blue Jays right fielder Alex Rios while Dustin Pedroia and Gabe Kapler made dazzling defensive plays in the eighth inning to help Boston to a 6-4 win over Toronto at Fenway Park.

Cora came to the plate in the seventh against Roy Halladay (16-5), with Pedroia on first and two outs in a 4-4 game. Cora lifted a fly to Rios at the edge of the warning track. The ball went in and out of Rios' glove. While attempting to recover with a barehand catch, Rios knocked the ball into the stands, and the Red Sox shortstop had his first homer since Aug. 15, 2005.
You had to see Rios' play to believe it. I did. It happened right in front of me. So did Kapler's diving catch in the 8th. For those who know Fenway, I was sitting in Section 7. Too bad for the Sox that I'm going back to Israel on Sunday.

Read the whole thing.

3 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Dave,

Read my bio. Born and bred in Boston. Live and die with the Red Sox (and Pats and Bruins and Celtics). Fifteen out of seventeen years in New York (1974-78 and 1980-1991) did nothing to change it.

I hate the Yankees.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Carl,

You have to go to more games! They just have to beat the Yankees. Mazel tov for helping them win!

Dave, my nic may be NY Nana, as we live in NY, but I am still rooting for the same teams as Carl, as I am also from Boston..

OK, so I wear a paper bag over my head sometimes, even after over 40 years in NY. You can take a girl out of Boston...

I hate the Yankees, too!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

And they traded David Wells.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google